The International Milk Day as International Milk Day is being celebrated by the many countries on the world level actually so now India also started celebrating The World Milk Day on every 1st June.
International Milk Day is being rejoiced on every year on 1st June. This day was established by the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) of the United Nations marks and discusses the importance of the milk on the world level as a global food.
This day is celebrated to provide an opportunity by which the special day get an attention which marks the connection to the dairy sector
Milk is an important part of a healthy balanced diet. International Milk Day is the important day which rejoiced and celebrates all aspects of milk and dairy products in many countries around the globe. World Milk Day was first designated by the FAO in 2001 and till then the 1st June is celebrating the International Milk Day.
June 1 was chosen as the date because already so many other countries of the world already celebrating the day. In 2016, World Milk Day was celebrated in over 40 countries.
This year Milk Day theme is “Raise a Glass” and a campaign hashtag: #WorldMilkDay.
Here are 10 interesting facts
- Cows produce 90 per cent of the milk which is being consumed in the world.
- The current UK annual milk production stands at 13.7 billion litres (3.01 billion gallons).
- The first commercial dromedary dairy opened in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia in 1986, selling camel milk at £1.20 a litre in the whole world.
- Afghanistan and Iran are the countries which are first countries to consume cow’s milk as a drink 10,000 years ago.
- By 3000 B.C., Ancient Egyptians used to use milk in greatly order and the fact of the milk using is mentioned in the dairy farming on temple walls of the Egypt.
- 6.At about 25 cents per serving, milk is a low-cost option with nine nutrients essential to our health including protein, calcium, potassium, phosphorous, riboflavin, niacin as well as vitamins A, D and B12.
- The top milk drinking country is Finland drinking about 95 gallons of milk/ person/year.
- Buffalo milk has 25 percent more protein than the cow’s milk.
- Milk is the only drink in the world which is having nutrients in a large number of quantity.
- 10). In almost every Hindu festival milk play an important role.
© 2018, thecheckernews.com. All rights reserved.