Kitchen sink has now become an important corner of your kitchen Traditionally, a kitchen sink is used to wash utensils, vegetables and anything that you would like to clean staying within the boundaries of your kitchen, but now this has become a symbol for the look and show of your kitchen. An important place to consider, if we talk about enhancing the decor of your kitchen.
Best kitchen sink brands available in the market
There have been many sink brands in the market for a long time. We have picked up our top 5 depending upon the need, price, functionality and the usage of the users.
1) KRAUS — Kraus is a US-based brand for kitchen and bathroom fixtures. They swear by the high-grade quality and the easy accessibility of their products to everyone at a very affordable price. They have been in the market since 2007.
2) RUVATI — This is a US brand that takes pride in manufacturing products that are defined by its details and designs.
3) MOEN — You just can’t miss this brand if you are talking about kitchen sinks. Their work has reduced the installation time and a wide range of variety to select from. Durable, designer and affordable sinks.
4) KOHLER— This brand has been manufacturing sinks for a century. They have seen the evolution and they work well with innovation. They are known to upgrade the look of your kitchen, with durability, beauty, and innovation on the top.
5) FRANKE– This company is known to provide a wide range of kitchen products with unique technologies and beautiful designs.
Where to buy kitchen sinks?
You could get the kitchen sinks at amazon.com at a very affordable price. Sometimes you can even get it at a great percentage of discount.
Best kitchen sinks
The best kitchen sinks vary from person to person depending upon the need and preference of that person. Some might need a double basin sink or some might want to have just a single bowl in the sink. Some might want the kitchen to look more sophisticated with undermount sinks.
Our top picks for 2019 would be:-
1) Ruvati 32-inch Low-Divide 50/50 Double Bowl Undermount 16 Gauge Stainless Steel Kitchen Sink – RVM4350
This sink is going to last for a very very long time. This has been built strong and is a very durable product. This sink talks about the corrode free satin finish sink.
Comes with soundproof padding and says that you are not going to hear any click-clack sound while you are washing the utensils.
Comes with a double sink, so you can separate the utensils depending upon your need.
2) KRAUS Standard PRO Undermount Kitchen Sink, KHU100-30
This sink is a high-end sink especially if you are looking for a single bowl, huge, undermount basin. This has a design that complements any kitchen, be it your new modular kitchen or even the traditional ones. This is made out of stainless steel making it corrosion and rust resistant. They even talk about a drainage system which is supreme as compared to others.
3). 10x Matte Finish Stainless Steel Sink Kitchen, Bathroom Accessories (24x 18x 9-inch)
This is a brand that is very pocket-friendly, size is 24*18*9.
High durability, compact and robust.
Something that would last long with a minimum investment.
How to install a kitchen sink in a new countertop.
Before starting with the job, you need to have the safety tools for the installation which are a drill, drill bit, Jig Saw, Screwdrivers, Caulk and Caulk Gun, Tape measure, Ruler, Pencil, Safety Glasses and gloves.
2) Measure and cut the hole for the sink
Know where you want to put your sink and with the sink upside down mark the outer edge with a pencil. Now draw a cut line ⅜” inside the marked line if you have Integrated rail sink, and draw a cut line ¼”inside, if you have U channel sink.
Now use a jigsaw to cut the hole.
3) Attaching the sink
This is the final step. If you have a U channel sink then you have the installation clips and the threaded screws are included in the set.
Apply the caulk along the edges of the hole. Put the sink in the hole and adjust it so it gets attached to the caulk with uniform pressure on all the sides.
Now evenly distribute the clips under the sink all over.
Be sure that you tighten each screw until the sink is drawn down to the countertop but do not over tighten and remove the excess caulk.
If you have the integrated rail sink then insert the two rail clips per rail and pivot each one back towards the sink bowl.
Apply the caulk across the edge of the hole. Put the sink inside the counter opening and apply even pressure. Swing each installation clip towards the countertop so the teeth grip into it. Tighten each clip until the sink is drawn down, but do not over tighten and remove the excess caulk.