Becoming a parent is a blessing and a dream come true for everyone. During this entire journey of your pregnancy, there are loads of things that you need to take care of. Going for 3D ultrasound is the one thing that is on the task list of every pregnant couple. Imagine looking at your baby before he/she is born. That feeling is exceptionally exotic and exciting. Unlike the times before, now you don’t have to wait for 40 weeks before getting the ultrasound done instead, you can get a view of the complete journey of your baby growing in your womb.
Before going for 3D/4D ultrasound, there are many things that you need to consider. Here, in this piece of article, we are going to discuss with you all the things that you need to keep a check on while preparing for the Ultrasound.
Preparing for 3D/4D Ultrasound
- Always choose an experienced professional
- Know at what time you should get the ultrasound
- Drink a lot of fluids for the best imaging
- Keep your stomach full
- Drink fruit juice before going for 3D/4D Ultrasound
These are a few things that you need to consider while preparing for 3D/4D ultrasound that we are going to discuss below.
- Always choose an experienced professional – Unlike other tests, there is no training required to perform an ultrasound, therefore, it can be done by anyone with the right equipment. However, it is essential that you opt for the ultrasound center with experienced people working for them. Make sure that you choose those centers that have professional sonographers. They are the professionals who have gone through the multi-year program in medical ultrasound & have extensive experience in OB/GYN scanning. Choosing the right center can help you get the best experience out of an ultrasound.
- Know at what time you should get the ultrasound – Knowing when to go for an ultrasound is another thing that you need to know before scheduling your session. This is where your gynecologist will help you. But just so you know – you should go for an ultrasound after 16 weeks of your pregnancy. This is when you can determine the baby’s gender. Most of the ultrasound sessions are planned at 16 weeks, between 24-26 weeks, then between 27-32 weeks, and last at 33-37 weeks.
- Drink a lot of fluids for the best imaging – One thing that you need to make sure of before going for an ultrasound is to be hydrated. Make sure that you drink lots and lots of fluids. The simple reason behind this is that – keeping hydrated will help get a clear view of your baby.
- Keep your stomach full – Make sure that you eat something light like a sandwich, salad, or a bowl of pasta 45 minutes before your appointment. The reason is that a full stomach will make your baby a little active.
- Drink fruit juice before going for 3D/4D Ultrasound – Drink a glass of orange juice before going for an ultrasound. This will again help keep your baby active.
In the end, we would like you to be sure that you follow all the recommendations mentioned above before going for an ultrasound. There are several great ultrasound clinics that you can choose from like Fetal Fotos Utah. If you still have any questions about 3D/4D Ultrasound, you can contact us & we will be happy to help.