The Tibetan community in the whole globe is ready to welcome their much awaited New Year which is regarded as the Tashi Delek Tibet. So all Tibetan people are all set to rejoice the Tashi Delek Tibet and everybody in Tibet now gearing up to celebrate the New Year Tashi Delek, Tibet.
Tashi Delek Tibet or Losar kicks off on Friday, 16th February, and the main festivities will go on until Sunday, 18th February 2018.
While the Tibetans mostly celebrate Losar in February, but celebrations of Tashi Delek Tibet date and time can be also going to alter or change as per the lunar calendar. The dates also depend on the basis of location and Losar or Tashi Delek Tibet can be celebrated on varying dates in the whole globe.
How is Losar celebrated?
Losar also was known as the Tashi Delek Tibet is, in fact, celebrated for 15 days, but the main celebrations are held on the first day in consecutive times.
In universally, the Tashi Delek Tibet or Losar preparations started a few days in advance with families cleaning their homes and putting up decorations with some fragrant flowers. Even the walls are decked up and decorate in the houses of Tibet people with some pious signs painted in flour.
Tibetans are on the day of Tashi Delek Tibet wake up early on and they offer prayers at the household shrines. Families share dinner and exchange gifts together.
Tibetans visit friends and families on the day where they have some quality time with each other. Quarrels are resolved and friends and families get together because Loser is the perfect day or occasion to do so.
On the third day, Tibetans visit monasteries and offer prayers. Lamas (monks) also recite the King of Aspirations Prayer. Revellers then combine pine tree branches, cypress, and other herbs to make aromatic smoke, which is also an offering for Gods, as per the Tibet Travel. Colorful new prayer flags are then decorated in the each people’s homes in Tibet.
Special food is prepared for Losar and kapse (fried twists) remains one of the most-loved items on the menu. The preparations also involve a very popular drink called change – a beer which is made up of the barley and served warm. Some other delicacies are only prepared for Losar and shared with the friends and family.
Revellers also rejoice the by day dancing, singing and having a good time with their friends, family and loved ones.
Celebrations vary from country to country also
The reveler in Bhutan also organizes several other eye catchy activities which include, picnicking, dart-playing, and archery on the day of Tibetan New Year.
Wishing people on New Year
In the New Year, Tibetans hope and pray for happiness, health and wealth where they greet each other with the words ” Tashi Delek,” which roughly translates to blessings and good luck.
Union Minister of State for Home Affairs of India Kiren Rijiju also wished Tibetans on the New Year.
Happy Losar to everyone! May the new year brings happiness in everyone's life. It commences the Year of the Male Earth Dog. pic.twitter.com/yOB3VrPQJs
— Kiren Rijiju (@KirenRijiju) February 16, 2018
10 Dalai Lama Quotes which you can share with your friends and family on this Tibetan New Year
- “Give the ones you love wings to fly, roots to come back and reasons to stay.” – Dalai Lama
- “Time passes unhindered. When we make mistakes, we cannot turn the clock back and try again. All we can do is use the present well.” – Dalai Lama
- “An open heart is an open mind.” – Dalai Lama
- “We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves” – Dalai Lama
- “The goal is not to be better than the other man, but your previous self.” – Dalai Lama
- “An eye for an eye….we are all blind” – Dalai Lama
- “A spoon cannot taste of the food it carries. Likewise, a foolish man cannot understand the wise man´s wisdom even if he associates with a sage.” – Dalai Lama
- “There is a saying in Tibetan, ‘Tragedy should be utilized as a source of strength.’
No matter what sort of difficulties, how painful experience is, if we lose our hope, that’s our real disaster.” ― Dalai Lama
- “Remember that the best relationship is one in which your love for each other exceeds your need for each other.” ― Dalai Lama
- “Every day, think as you wake up, today I am fortunate to be alive, I have a precious human life, I am not going to waste it. I am going to use all my energies to develop myself, to expand my heart out to others; to achieve enlightenment for the benefit of all beings. I am going to have kind thoughts towards others, I am not going to get angry or think badly about others. I am going to benefit others as much as I can.” ― Dalai Lama
- “The roots of all goodness lie in the soil of appreciation.” – The Dalai Lama
- “Silence is sometimes the best answer” ― Dalai Lama
- “The true hero is one who conquers his own anger and hatred.” – Dalai Lama
- “In our struggle for freedom, the truth is the only weapon we possess.” – Dalai Lama
- “Know the rules well, so you can break them effectively.” ― Dalai Lama
- “Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them, humanity cannot survive.” ― Dalai Lama
- “Choose to be optimistic, it feels better.” ― Dalai Lama
© 2018, thecheckernews.com. All rights reserved.