Navaratri is a 9 days long festival which rejoices and celebrates with huge honor and love. Navaratri means Nine (Nava) Nights (Ratri), the festival is celebrated for 9 nights for worshiping Goddess Durga and the Goddess is the epitome of Shakti. 9 diverse forms of Durga are worshiped being worshipped in this 9 Nights known as Navaratri.
On the 10th day, the idol of the Goddess is immersed into the water which is known as Visarjan. And on these 9 days known as Navaratri, it is believed that Maa Durga blessed everybody with her divine boon.
Navaratri is amongst the immense and massive festivals celebrated in Indian as well as globally too by the Indian people. The women whatever they are from any cultures of the nation wear nine different colored sarees in these 9 days of celebration on this festival.
In this Maa Durga article, it is mentioned that on which day which color saree will be ideal to wear by the women which are also considered as the auspicious one.
To know further about Navaratri scroll down this article:
Happy Navaratri 2017 Colours with Date
|Day 1: 21st September||Pratipada||Yellow|
|Day 2: 22nd September||Dwitiya||Green|
|Day 3: 23rd September||Tritiya||Grey|
|Day 4: 24th September||Chaturthi||Orange|
|Day 5: 25th September||Panchami||White|
|Day 6: 26th September||Shashti||Red|
|Day 7: 27th September||Saptami||Royal Blue|
|Day 8: 28th September||Ashtami||Pink|
|Day 9: 29th September||Navami||Purple|
Let’s find out the 9 different forms of Maa Durga and Maa is being worshiped in this period along with the colors which are mentioned for the particular day: –
- Day 1:– 21st September 2017 – Navaratri Pratipada, in this day ideal color is Yellow and Devi Shailaputri is being worshiped on this day. She is the daughter (Putri) of Himalaya (Shaila) and she is source of the energy for the Tridev i.e. Brahma, Vishnu, and Mahesh.
- Day 2:– 22nd September 2017 – Navaratri Dwitiya, on this day Green is considering as the ideal and the Devi Bhrahmacharini is worshiped. This form of Devi symbolizes blissfulness and moksha.
- Day 3:– 23rd September 2017 – Navaratri Tritiya, on this day Grey is considering as the sacred and Devi Chandraghanta is worshiped. She is the slayer of evil forces who rides a tiger and she is strong enough to carry 10 arms and respects a bell shaped moon.
- Day 4:– 24th September 2017 – Navaratri Chaturthi, on this day Orange is regarded as best and Devi Kushmanda is being worshiped. She is regarded as the creator of this universe.
- Day 5:– 25th September 2017 – Navaratri Panchami and Devi Skandamata is worshiped and she is the mother of Skanda or Kartikeya, the chief warrior of the Gods. The White color is the sacred color of this day.
- Day 6:– 26th September 2017 – Navaratri Shashti and perfect color of this day is Red. Devi Katyayani, the daughter of sage Katyayan is worshipped in this day who is the stern form of Devi Durga.
- Day 7:– 27th September 2017 – Navaratri Saptami declares Royal Blue as the sacred color of this day. Devi Kaalratri is worshiped in this day who is actually the most terrifying and ruthless form of Devi Durga.
- Day 8:– 28th September 2017 – Navaratri Ashtami consider Pink as the sacred color. In this day, Devi Maha Gauri is worshipped and she is the peaceful form of Maa.
- Day 9:– 29th September 2017 – Navaratri Navami (Mahanavami) is the 9th important day of Maa Durga and Purple is considering the sacred color of this day. In this day, Devi Siddhidatri is worshipped and she is regarded as the giver of boons and fulfills the wishes of her devotees.
- Day 9: – 30th September 2017 – This is the day of Vijayadashami and on this day, the idol of the Devi is immersed into the water as Visarjan.
This is the Durga Puja celebrated twice in a year mainly for one time. These are: –
Ashwina Navaratri or Sharada Navaratri: – Sharada means autumn; this festival celebrates one as Durga Puja. In 2017, it will begin on 21st September 2017 and end on 29th September 2017.
Vasanta Navaratri: – This is celebrated during Vasanata or spring season so the celebration of the festival is done after winter season gone in the month of March-April.
© 2017, thecheckernews.com. All rights reserved.