The day, National Read A Book Day is dedicated to all book lovers globally, who are blessed with the reading habit.
The National Read a Book Day is we all set to celebrate on the 7th September and the National Read A Book Day is the perfect day for all book lovers to select and grabs their favorite book, irrespective of the genre.
The day, National Read A Book Day was begin around the end of the first decade of the 2000s and was likely a proposal made by a librarian who was keen to motivate youngsters to read more and more books.
at the same time, the day does not make it compulsory for everyone to read a book, but the National Read A Book Day is actually regarded as a day which gives motivation to people to read a part of the book or genre of the book which they enjoyed most.
So this is the perfect day when people can read a selected book or they can even donate a particular book to other people or even they can give the gift of the book also on this National Read A Book Day to their friends.
A 2009 study by the University of Sussex, said in its report to The Telegraph, that the reading for just six minutes can help decrease stress levels by up to 68 percent. The research further suggested that the reading is better when it comes to soothing your nerves so it is obviously better if you read the book and listening to music, simultaneously with a cup of tea or coffee.
“Reading worked best, reducing stress levels by 68 percent,” told by Dr. David Lewis, the cognitive neuropsychologist.
“It really doesn’t matter what book you read, by losing yourself in a thoroughly engrossing book you can escape from the worries and stresses of the everyday world and spend a while exploring the domain of the author’s imagination,” Lewis added further.
National Read A Book Day: Read Here Some Quotes Related To The Day
- Maybe this is why we read, and why in moments of darkness we return to books: to find words for what we already know. — Alberto Manguel
- I hope everyone that is reading this is having a really good day. And if you are not, just know that in every new minute that passes you have an opportunity to change that. — Gillian Anderson
- Children should learn that reading is a pleasure, not just something that teachers make you do in school. — Beverly Cleary
- [I] read books because I love them, not because I think I should read them. — Simon Van Booy
- Reading furnishes the mind only with materials of knowledge; it is thinking that makes what we read ours. — John Locke
- A book lying idle on a shelf is wasted ammunition. Like money, books must be kept in constant circulation… A book is not only a friend, it makes friends for you. When you have possessed a book with mind and spirit, you are enriched. But when you pass it on you are enriched threefold. — Henry Miller
- You can’t judge an album by a single song; it’s like judging a book by only reading a single chapter. —Trevor Rabin
- I read like the flame reads the wood. — Alfred Döblin
- If you have read 6,000 books in your lifetime, or even 600, it’s probably because at some level you find ‘reality’ a bit of a disappointment. — Joe Queenan
- Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body. — Joseph Addison
© 2018, thecheckernews.com. Disclaimer: We don’t own images and other social media contents appearing on this site. We give due credit to their respective owners wherever practicable. But, some images without source might still appear on this site.