National Doctor’s Day is celebrated on1st July in the Nation which marks the celebration of the importance of the Doctor as National Doctor’s Day.
Happy National Doctors Day 2018!
National Doctor’s Day is celebrated to commemorate the contributions of the gods on earth. India observes doctor’s day on 1st July to give honor to the former West Bengal Chief Minister, Dr. Bidhan Chandra Roy, who was a physician.
National Doctor’s Day also marks to give honor and respect to the West Bengal Chief Minister, Dr. Bidhan Chandra Roy and the day National Doctor’s Day also celebrates in the name of him only!
Who is Bidhan Chandra Roy?
Roy, who was born on 1st July 1882, was a famous freedom fighter and a highly respected physician, who completed FRCS and MRCP at the same time in two years and three months. He is the major architect behind turning Durgapur, Kalyani, Bidhannagar, Ashokenagar, and Habra into key cities.
The receiver of India’s highest civilian honor Bharat Ratna in 1961, Roy was allied with Mahatma Gandhi’. Doctor’s Day in other countries
Doctor’s Day is celebrated on 27th February, March 30, August 23 and December 3 in Vietnam, the US, Cuba, and Iran, respectively.
Here are some inspirational quotes, wishes, messages and greetings to share with your personal physician:
- It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. — Jesus Christ
- The doctor sees all the weakness of mankind; the lawyer all the wickedness, the theologian all the stupidity. — Arthur Schopenhauer, German philosopher
- Never go to a doctor whose office plants have died. — Erma Bombeck, American humorist
- As a doctor, an educator, an innovator and someone who has dedicated his professional career to making things work better and to helping people – I am ready to lead. — Donald Berwick, former Administrator of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- In nothing do men more nearly approach the gods than in giving health to men? — Marcus Tullius Cicero, Roman politician.
- Only the healing art enables one to make a name for himself and at the same time give benefit to others. — Chinese Proverb
- The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease. — Voltaire, French writer
We also celebrates National Doctor’s Day on 30th March globally
© 2018, thecheckernews.com. All rights reserved.