Though the movie Pursuit of Happyness was released in 2006, still the movie Pursuit of Happyness left a great and good impact on our minds.
It will be very fine and right to touted the Will Smith-starrer movie Pursuit of Happyness as the ‘Quest for Happiness’, no wonder, why the movie is still popular among the mass and the class.
The movie sensationalizes the genuine story of Chris Gardener’s (Will Smith) first-time ever, an extraordinary trip from vagrancy to accomplishment as a stockbroker, but on the other hand, when he is ready to achieve his goals he is also supporting his young child as a single parent.
Do You Know?
The movie, The Pursuit of Happyness’, has collected and grossed more than USD 300 million globally, and in the first week, after it’s released in the US, it garnered around USD 27 million.
Well, in 2007, the leading man, Will Smith was nominated also in the Best Actor category of the Academy Awards, for this movie.
‘The Pursuit of Happyness’ is a beautiful feature film helmed by Gabriele Muccino, and the film hit theatres on December 2006.
Narration and Story of the movie, ‘The Pursuit of Happyness’, is based on the true story of a memorable man, Chris Gardner, in 1981 in San Francisco, he was a salesman.
Suddenly, then He comes up with an idea to sell bone-density scanners to doctors, as he thought this was only a perfect way for him to earn.
Though He wishes to make his career in the medical field, because of a few circumstances he could afford his career and dream, job, things turn worst, when he soon became homeless with his son, Christopher.
In 2006, a book with the same name was released which was written by the real-life struggler Chris Gardener, who is now a millionaire stockbroker, motivational speaker, and a philanthropist.
As shown in the movie, in reality, he had a very difficult time bringing up his son, Chris Gardner, Jr., who was a toddler at the period when the father-son duo turns to be homeless.
Role of the Chris Gardener was played by the American actor Will Smith and the actor was just nailed in his part. No wonder, why the movie is still popular among the youths.
This astounding tale tells us about the strong attitude and amazing hard work of a person which can not only make him successful, in fact, successfully, he managed to bring up his son too.
— Chris Gardner (@CEOofHappYness) July 16, 2018
— Chris Gardner (@CEOofHappYness) July 15, 2018
With the opportunity to grow your dream, your pursuit can become larger than money, success, and mastery of only your arena. With vision you're about much more than all of that. #Motivation #ChrisGardner
— Chris Gardner (@CEOofHappYness) July 13, 2018
— Chris Gardner (@CEOofHappYness) July 11, 2018
Quotes from the Movie ‘The Pursuit of Happyness’
- “Hey. Don’t ever let somebody tell you… You can’t do something. Not even me. All right?” ―Will Smith
- “They all looked so damn happy to me. Why couldn’t I look like that?” ―Will Smith
- James Karen― “What would you say if the man walked in here with no shirt, and I hired him? What would you say?”
Will Smith― “He must have had on some really nice pants”
- “If you want something’, go get it. Period.” ―Will Smith
- “This part of my life… this part right here? This part is called ‘being stupid’.” ―Will Smith
- “You got a dream… You gotta protect it. People can’t do something themselves, they wanna tell you that you can’t do it.” ―Will Smith
- “It was right then that I started thinking about Thomas Jefferson on the Declaration of Independence and the part about our right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. And I remember thinking how did he know to put the pursuit part in there? That maybe happiness is something that we can only pursue and maybe we can actually never have it. No matter what. How did he know that?” ―Will Smith
- “This part of my life is called ‘internship’.” ―Will Smith
- “Shelby coming round the mountain when she comes, Shelby coming round the mountain when she comes!” ―Jaden Smith
- “I met my father for the first time when I was 28 years old. I made up my mind that when I had children, my children were going to know who their father was.” ―Will Smith
- “This part of my life… this part right here? This is called ‘happyness’.” ―Will Smith
- “Hey dad, you wanna hear something funny? There was a man who was drowning, and a boat came, and the man on the boat said ‘Do you need help?’ and the man said ‘God will save me’. Then another boat came and he tried to help him, but he said ‘God will save me’, then he drowned and went to Heaven. Then the man told God, ‘God, why didn’t you save me?’ and God said ‘I sent you two boats, you dummy’!” ―Jaden Smith
- Homeless Person― “It’s a time machine… I know it’s a time machine.”
- Will Smith― “This machine in my lap? It is not a time machine.”
- “Probably means there’s a good chance. Possibly means we might or we might not.” ―Will Smith
- “The important thing about that freedom train is it’s got to climb mountains. We all have to climb mountains, you know. Mountains that go way up high, and mountains that go deep and low. Yes, we know what those mountains are here at Glide. We sing about them.” ―Cecil Williams
- “Can I say something? Um, I’m the type of person that if you ask me a question and I don’t know the answer, I’m gonna tell you that I don’t know. But I bet you what, I know how to find the answer and I will find the answer.” ―Will Smith
- Will Smith― “You gotta trust me, all right?”
Jaden Smith― “I trust you.”
- Will Smith― “‘Cause I’m getting a better job”
- “When I was young, and I’d get A’s, I’d get this good feeling of all the things that I could be. And then I’d never become any of them.” ―Will Smith
- “The world is your oyster. It’s up to you to find the pearls.” ―Chris Gardner
- “No one ever laid out the sequence of events that led to my mother being prosecuted and imprisoned for alleged welfare fraud.” ―Chris Gardner
- “The future was uncertain, absolutely, and there were many hurdles, twists, and turns to come, but as long as I kept moving forward, one foot in front of the other, the voices of fear and shame, the messages from those who wanted me to believe that I wasn’t good enough, would be stilled.” ―Chris Gardner
- “Walk that walk and go forward all the time. Don’t just talk that talk, walk it and go forward. Also, the walk doesn’t have to be long strides; baby steps are counted too. Go forward.” ―Chris Gardner
- “Wealth can also be that attitude of gratitude with which we remind ourselves every day to count our blessings.” ―Chris Gardner
- “Still a dreamer, yet more of a realist than ever before, I knew this was my time to sail. On the horizon, I saw the shining future, as before. The difference now was that I felt the wind at my back. I was ready.” ―Chris Gardner
- “There was a language specific to all things. The ability to learn another language in one arena, whether it was music, medicine, or finance, could be used to accelerate learning and other arenas, too.” ―Chris Gardner
- These beautiful and inspirational quotes and dialogue from ‘The Pursuit of Happyness’ are all about self-motivation and positive thinking, which will surely help you during hard times and unfavorable situations. Both, the book and the movie got critical acclaim during their respective releases and inspired scores of homeless people who struggle to find some happiness and stability in their lives.
© 2018, thecheckernews.com. All rights reserved.