International Women’s Day is the day for the sake of all women in the world and we celebrate each year on 8th March 8, International Women’s Day is a day which is honoring the social, economic, cultural and political achievements of women in globally.
The day International Women’s Day is also regarded as an opportunity to promote gender equality. As per its official website, International Women’s Day has been marked for well over a century, and on the 8th March the International Women’s Day gathering supported by over a million people in Austria, Denmark, Germany, and Switzerland.
The International Women’s Day is belonging to all women – and their friends – everywhere and is acknowledged globally.
This year’s International Women’s Day organized a global theme is #PressForProgress. This theme will help people to honor the wonderful women in this world which we can also share with our friend and family in order to celebrate the International Women’s Day.
We’ve compiled a list of inspiring and empowering quotes by women – for women. Happy Women’s Day!
Share these quotes with the powerful and inspirational women in your life on International Women’s Day:
“Here’s to strong women: May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.”
“Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else.”
– Judy Garland, American singer, and actor
If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun.”
– Katharine Hepburn, American actor
“Don’t let anyone tell you-you’re weak because you’re a woman.”
– Mary Kom, Olympic boxer
“I myself have never been able to find out precisely what feminism is: I only know that people call me a feminist whenever I express sentiments that differentiate me from a doormat.”
– Rebecca West, British author, and feminist
“I raise up my voice – not so I can shout but so that those without a voice can be heard. We cannot succeed when half of us are held back.”
– Malala Yousafzai, Pakistani activist and youngest Nobel Prize laureate
“Spread love everywhere you go. Let no one ever come to you without leaving happier.”
– Mother Teresa, Nobel Peace Prize laureate
“There is a special place in hell for women who don’t help other women.”
– Madeleine Albright, the first woman to be US Secretary of State
“Human rights are women’s rights, and women’s rights are human rights. Let us not forget that among those rights are the right to speak freely – and the right to be heard.”
– Hillary Clinton, former US Secretary of State and presidential candidate
“If you want something said, ask a man; if you want something done, ask a woman.”
– Margaret Thatcher, first female prime minister of Britain
“If you want to achieve something in life, you have to take risks.”
– Dipa Karmakar, Olympic gymnast
“A woman with a voice is by definition a strong woman.”
– Melinda Gates, co-founder, The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
“Some of us are becoming the men we wanted to marry”
– Gloria Steinem, American journalist, and feminist
“Above all, be the heroine of your life, not the victim.”
– Nora Ephron, American writer, and filmmaker
“I am a Woman
– Maya Angelou, American poet and civil rights activist
International Women’s Day 2018 Images You Can Download And Send To Your Friends
How are you celebrating International Women’s Day this year? Let us know in the comments section below!
© 2018, thecheckernews.com. All rights reserved.