Happy Ambedkar Jayanti 2018: Ambedkar Jayanti is also regarded as the Bhim Jayanti, this one is the annual festival celebrated on 14th April which marks the commemoration the memory of B. R. Ambedkar.
The day marked the Ambedkar’s birthday in 1891, and in 2015 the Ambedkar Jayanti is declared as the gazetted or the official public holiday in the whole country.
Dr. Ambedkar Jayanti is rejoiced in India with full glory and grace, apart from also in some other parts of the world. So we can say that the Ambedkar Jayanti is a global festival.
On the day of Ambedkar, Jayanti processions are carried out by his followers at Chaitya Bhoomi in Mumbai and even at Deeksha Bhoomi in Nagpur also.
This is also common for senior national figures, which includes President, Prime Minister and leaders of Major Political parties, who actually arrive to pay homage to the statue of Ambedkar at the Parliment of India in New Delhi.
AS per the norm of India this day Ambedkar Jayanti is regarded as an important day and is observed in this whole globe to Mark THEIR respect to the great Ambedkar.
In India, in some hefty number numbers of people visit local statues and mark their respect to the Ambedkar’s statue.
History of Ambedkar Jayanti
Ambedkar Jayanti’s was declared as the official holiday on 2015, from then the day rejoices as the Ambedkar Jayanti. B. R. Ambedkar is one of the iconic leaders of the country and as per historical references, he essayed an important role in the Indian Politics.
He is known as the Father of the constitution of India, and the man emphasized in order to give support to the oppressed in our county during the period of pre or post independency.
This humble man was born on 14th April 1891 to parents Ramji Maloji Sakpal and Bhimabai Murbadkar Sakpal in Mhow, Madhya Pradesh.
He actually went through, isolation on the basis of caste and class in his school because he was belongs from the lower caste. He was restricted to sit inside the class and was not even permitted to touch or drink water from a vessel, which everyone used to use.
In his youth days, Ambedkar was moved in abroad, then in 1924, Ambedkar marked his comeback to India to fight against the caste system, which was very prevalent in those days.
He prepared marches then and demanding the Dalits rights to drink water from the public resources and also he focused that Dalit should have right to enter in the temples.
On 25th December 1927, he publicly condemned the Manusmriti and he tried to justify the caste discrimination and the untouchability. “The real way of breaking up the Caste System was not to bring about the inter-caste dinners and the Inter-caste marriages, but to destroy the religious notions on which the Caste was founded,” he wrote this in an undelivered speech titled Annihilation of Caste.
How to Celebrate Ambedkar Jayanti
Ambedkar Jayanti is observed by citizens with much love and this Jayanti is like a festival which observed on the 14th of April which also marks the birthday celebration of the Dr. Bjimrao Ramji Ambedkar.
On this day of the Ambedkar Jayanti we also praised his all contribution and work which he did for the country and on this 2018 we will be celebrating his 127th birthday anniversary and we will be also going to give honor his services on this day.
He is a human rights activist and regarded as one of the most important members of our Indian politics, because of his contributions to our country.
He is the father of Indian Constitution as he had drafted the Constitution of India.
Dr. Babasaheb Quotes on Ambedkar Jayanti
- “The relationship between husband and wife should be one of closest friends.” – R. Ambedkar
- “Unlike a drop of water which loses its identity when it joins the ocean, man does not lose his being in the society in which he lives. Man’s life is independent. He is born not for the development of the society alone, but for the development of his self.”– B. R. Ambedkar
- “Men are mortal. So are ideas. An idea needs propagation as much as a plant needs watering. Otherwise, both will wither and die.”– B. R. Ambedkar
- “Democracy is not merely a form of government. It is primarily a mode of associated living, of conjoint communicated experience. It is essentially an attitude of respect and reverence towards fellow men.”– B. R. Ambedkar
- “That the caste system must be abolished if the Hindu society is to be reconstructed on the basis of equality, goes without saying. Untouchability has its roots in the caste system. They cannot expect the Brahmins to rise in revolt against the caste system. Also, we cannot rely upon the non-Brahmins and ask them to fight our battle.”– B. R. Ambedkar
- “My social philosophy may be said to be enshrined in three words: liberty, equality, and fraternity. Let no one, however, say that I have borrowed by philosophy from the French Revolution. I have not. My philosophy has roots in religion and not in political science. I have derived them from the teachings of my Master, the Buddha.”– B. R. Ambedkar
- “Caste may be bad. Caste may lead to conduct so grossly as to be called man’s inhumanity to man. All the same, it must be recognized that the Hindus observe Caste not because they are inhuman or wrong-headed. They observe Caste because they are deeply religious.”– B. R. Ambedkar
- “Political democracy cannot last unless there lies at the base of it social democracy. What does social democracy mean? It means a way of life which recognizes liberty, equality, and fraternity as the principles of life.”– B. R. Ambedkar
- “Religion must mainly be a matter of principles only. It cannot be a matter of rules. The moment it degenerates into rules, it ceases to be a religion, as it kills responsibility which is an essence of the true religious act.”– B. R. Ambedkar
- “Why is it that a large majority of Hindus do not inter-dine and do not inter-marry? Why is it that your cause is not popular? There can be only one answer to this question, and it is that inter-dining and inter-marriage are repugnant to the beliefs and dogmas which the Hindus regard as sacred.”– B. R. Ambedkar
Dr. Babasaheb Quotes on Ambedkar Jayanti
- Law and order are the medicine of the body politic and when the body politic gets sick, medicine must be administered.
- I measure the progress of a community by the degree of progress which women have achieved
- We must stand on our own feet and fight as best as we can for our rights. So carry on your agitation and organize your forces. Power and prestige will come to you through struggle
- A great man is different from an eminent one in that he is ready to be the servant of the society.
- Men are mortal. So are ideas. An idea needs propagation as much as a plant needs watering. Otherwise, both will wither and die.
- Every man who repeats the dogma of Mill that one country is no fit to rule another country must admit that one class is not fit to rule another class.
- History shows that where ethics and economics come into conflict, victory is always with economics.
- Political tyranny is nothing compared to the social tyranny and a reformer who defies society is a more courageous man than a politician who defies Government.
- Vested interests have never been known to have willingly divested themselves unless there was sufficient force to compel them.
Ambedkar Jayanti Images
© 2018, thecheckernews.com. All rights reserved.