Finally, we are now ready to celebrate Ganesh Chaturthi in its full fervor and zeal this year starting tomorrow. This is the one festival that drives the entire nation go spiritual and in festive mood. Even the youth and kid’s participation in the festival is so massive. Especially, in Maharashtra, the people of the state wholeheartedly observe the festival along with other states as well.
Devotees prepare tasty desserts and offer the same to Lord Ganesha during the Ganesh Utsav. The most interesting thing about this festival is that it stays for around 10 days and people can be seen worshiping Vighnaharta at homes and temples.
The sweet chanting of Ganesh aarti completely refreshes the house. The beautiful pandals instantly win the heart of devotees where Lord Ganesha’s big idols are placed and decorated.
Top 4 Dishes to Offer to Lord Ganesha
1) Modaks: Ganesh ji’s love for Modak is not hidden to anyone. Lord Ganesha loves to eat hand-made modaks. Usually, rava is used to coat the outer side of modaks. While the coconut and jaggery are filled inside modak to make it a tasty dessert. It’s utterly delicious. You can also offer some other laddoos to Gajaraj.
2) Puran Poli: It is another sweet Maharashtrian recipe made during the Ganesh puja and other traditional events. Puran Poli refers to a dessert in which the sweet filling of chana dal and jaggery, also called Puran in the Marathi language, are stuffed inside bread.
3) Kheer and Payasman: Lord Ganesha is a big fan of Kheer and Payasam. So, this Ganesh Chaturthi you can prepare rice kheer exclusively for Ganpati Maharaj. It’s quite simple to make this dish. Just take finely shaped basmati rice, cashew nuts, raisins and milk. Mix them together in a bowl with sugar and let it boil for a few minutes until it turns condensed. That’s it. The payasam or kheer is ready.
4) Banana Shera: It is served as a Prasad to lord Ganesha. Basically, in a normal term it means ‘banana suji halwa’. Shera is a Marathi term for the word halwa. Simply heat oil in a pan and add semolina and ghee – fry for a few minutes. Now add chopped bananas and stir well. Then add milk, dryfruits and sugar. Let it simmer for 2 minutes. That’s it, the tasty dish is ready.
Immortal Words From Lord Ganesh
1) Never Run away From Your Responsibility.
2) Wisdom is Divine.
3) Be a good listener.
4) Stay focused.
5) Spread goodness and humanity all around.
6) Enrich your Knowledge more and think big.
BY: ATISH HOME CHOWDHURY
(With Special Inputs From My Late Mother Snigdha Home Chowdhury – Originally Written Last Year – being Published Now)
© 2017, thecheckernews.com. Disclaimer: We don’t own images and other social media contents appearing on this site. We give due credit to their respective owners wherever practicable. But, some images without source might still appear on this site.