Earth Hour 2017 will be observed on Saturday, 25th March, from 8.30 pm to 9.30 pm worldwide. The news is now going viral on the social site and the internet to observes and celebrate the Earth Hour as Earth Hour is one of the ways to save our Earth from climatic changes, pollution and all that.
People across the world will observe the occasion by turning off lights and all electrical appliances in their home; find the way by star and candlelight, to raise awareness about climate change.
UN Secretary General Ban Ki-Moon, describing Earth Hour’s importance, in 2015 by giving a statement to various media, “Earth Hour is a way for the citizens of the world to send a clear message that they want action on climate change”.
This year, 170 countries including 1,200 landmarks and close to 40 UNESCO world heritage sites will be turning lights off in order to participate in this Earth Hour movement. The Earth Hour is a worldwide movement.
Still only to encourage and highlighting the importance of the occasion Earth Hour, there is some list of quotes which display the importance of the Earth Hour movement.
Quotes for Earth Hour 2015:
- If we do not permit the earth to produce beauty and joy, it will in the end not produce food, either. Joseph Wood Krutch
- The proper use of science is not to conquer nature but to live in it. Native American Proverb
- He that plants trees love others beside himself. David Letterman
- The use of solar energy has not been opened up because the oil industry does not own the sun. Thomas Fuller
- There is a great need for the introduction of new values in our society, where bigger is not necessarily better, where slower can be faster, and where less can be more. Ralph Nader
- Never doubt that a small group of thoughtfully committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it’s the only thing that ever has. Gaylord Nelson
- For 200 years we’ve been conquering nature. Now we’re beating it to death. Margaret Mead
- What is the use of a house if you haven’t got a tolerable planet to put it on? Groucho Marx
- Suburbia is where the developer bulldozes out the trees and then names the streets after them. Henry David Thoreau
- The wealth of the nation is its air, water, soil, forests, minerals, rivers, lakes, oceans, scenic beauty, wildlife habitats and biodiversity… that’s all there is. That’s the whole economy. That’s where all the economic activity and jobs come from. These biological systems are the sustaining wealth of the world. Bill Vaughan
- The earth is what we all have in common. Thomas Alva Edison
- When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world. Frank Lloyd Wright
© 2017, thecheckernews.com. All rights reserved.