Kerala – In a Nutshell
For many it’s next to heaven, for some it’s a place to relax and for others, it’s just a plan. Yes, it is Kerala. Every year thousands of vacationers across India and abroad visit Kerala for family holidays.
From Hill Stations, Beaches, Water Sports, Tea Plantations, Wild Life Sanctuaries, Yoga and Ayurvedic Treatments, Massage Centers, Meditation Sessions, Backwaters, Staying in tree houses and houseboats; it would not disappoint you at any place. Be it the mouth-watering food or the spices used, the drinks or the local nariyalpani; you just can’t stop yourself from loving it more every time.
Why Visiting Kerala Backwaters Is Always Recommended?
Kerala Backwaters is a network of water bodies extending over 900 kms. It is a series of briny waters and channels connecting five huge lagoons. One of the leading facet of visiting the attractions in Kerala, the backwaters were used conventionally as watercourses to ferryboat rice and spices from one place to another in kettuvallams or the customary rice shoves which now forms the main tourist fascination and transmitvacationers and tourists from one destination to another.
You can plan a trip to Kerala anytime but the best time to visit Kerala is between Septembers to March every year. Let’s take a look at the must-visit Backwaters in Kerala:
- Kumarakom Backwaters: Voyaging on the Kumarakom backwaters is one among the finest ways to discover the drenched exquisiteness covered in this region. While sailing relish a closer sight of Kerala’s panoramic backwaters expanses. Adore the picturesque locations of opulent paddy environs and out land is rural life from neighboring rooms while you cruise through a web of waterways and tributaries hollow into the large stretch of water of the Vembanad Lake. This voyage would steal your heart.
- Alleppey Backwaters: One among the well-known places for keen Kerala explorers is Alleppey backwaters. Fascinating background of lavish greenery, waterways and canals are the finest way to define Alleppey Backwaters. One of the most renowned backwaters of Kerala and a major contributor to the tourism is the backwaters of Alleppey. Sailing along the peaceful backwaters is an unquestionably heavenly experience and you truly feel like being ‘mother nature’s lap’. You must discover the relaxing backwaters by going on-board a houseboat.
- Kuttanad Backwaters: Among the most mesmerizing backwaters of Kerala, Kuttanad holds their position. The sceneries of Kuttanad are interwoven by the watercourses that are stuck between the sumptuous green paddy meadows accompanied by the farming estates of yam, cassava, and banana. The Kuttanad backwaters are heaven and an idyllic destination for relishing an outstanding backwater voyage of Kerala. The finest way to sightsee these enthralling backwaters is by wandering laterally in a houseboat and revel in the picturesque environs of this province.
- Kozhikode Backwaters: When the boat gradually sails on the easy-going waters of Kozhikode backwaters, you have a divine cruising experience beside the Canoli River and Kallai River. Give your eyes the treatment of attractive sights of delightful beaches, hazy skies and the splendor of the natural surroundings. Floating on the quiet Ashtamudi Lake, intricate intermixes of watercourses and channels. There are a number of channels here, renowned for bird watching and pretty loveliness.
- Cochin Backwaters: They form the essential part of the Kerala backwaters were in consort with relishing the picturesque beauty one should correspondingly visit the Fort Kochi, Kumbalangi Integrated Tourism Village as well as the Marine Drive. Enjoy sailing through the blue inlets to take a glimpse to the leisurely speed of its rural life of the tiny villages scattered around these peaceful backwaters. Houseboats are the best way to see the sights around the magnificent environs of Cochin backwaters.
© 2018, thecheckernews.com. Disclaimer: We don’t own images and other social media contents appearing on this site. We give due credit to their respective owners wherever practicable. But, some images without source might still appear on this site.