On this Monday India is celebrate the 162nd birth anniversary of Lokmanya Tilak, who was actually regarded as the ‘The father of the Indian revolution’ by Jawaharlal Nehru.
Lokmanya Tilak or Bal Gangadhar Tilak was born on 23rd July 1856 and today the world is all set to celebrate the Lokmanya Tilak Jayanti.
For more than 150 years, 23rd July is celebrated annually as Lokmanya Tilak Birth Anniversary in the whole nation. Lokmanya Tilak was an Indian nationalist, journalist, teacher, social reformer, lawyer and an independent activist.
Using Hinduism to unite Indians
Tilak was in favor of the Hindu religion and with the essences of the Hinduism he also widens the national movement in the whole of India. In 1883 Tilak organized “Ganesh Utsav” which was regarded as the melting pot for people from different castes and communities at a time a huge number of people gathered for the same, though, eventually, when such gatherings were banned by the British government.
I bow to Lokmanya Tilak on his Jayanti. He ignited the spark of patriotism among countless Indians. He successfully mobilised people from all sections of society and deepened the connect between our citizens and India’s glorious past. Lokmanya Tilak also emphasised on education.
— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) July 23, 2018
Bal Gangadhar Tilak also popularised Shivaji, the Maratha icon and organized first Shivaji festival in 1886. The religious symbolism used by Bal Gangadhar Tilak pushed princely states such as Baroda and Sangli that those state should join the national movement.
2018 Lokmanya Tilak Jayanti SMS, Wishes, Messages, Greetings In English
1) Life is all about a card game. Choosing the right cards is not in our hands, but play with the cards in hand, determine our success.
2) Beat your own records every day, because success is a fight between you and self
3) You will never reach your required destination if you stop and throw stones at every dog that barks. Better keep biscuits and move forward
4) We spend our days waiting for the right path to appear in front of us, but what we forget that paths are made for walking, not for waiting
5) A good newspaper is a word talking to itself.
© 2018, thecheckernews.com. Disclaimer: We don’t own images and other social media contents appearing on this site. We give due credit to their respective owners wherever practicable. But, some images without source might still appear on this site.